Restorations in one visit at First-in-Smiles Dentistry
New advances in dental technology are challenging Mother Nature! The CEREC®, a computerized chairside restoration system, makes it possible to make life-like porcelain same-day crowns, inlays, onlays, and larger fillings right here, from our dentist in Matthews!
Previously, major tooth restorations required at least two and sometimes, three appointments. At your first visit, we would prepare your tooth and take an impression to send to the dental lab. In the meantime, you would be fitted with a temporary restoration while the lab created the permanent one. In a week or two, you would return to First-in-Smiles Dentistry so the restoration could be placed.
With CEREC, your old-to-new smile is created in just one visit!
- With a special electronic camera, your dentist in Matthews will take a digital impression of your prepared tooth.
- The image appears on a computer screen allowing you to view the process in action.
- Your restoration is then designed from the three-dimensional scan and is precision-milled from a porcelain block. Because the scan offers such exceptional detail, CEREC creates an extremely accurately fitting and natural-looking restoration. The margins are so precise that there is no gap through which bacteria can penetrate and cause dental decay. Because same-day crowns and restorations are made from a solid block of porcelain, there will be no black line at your gumline, as can happen with porcelain-fused-to-metal restorations.
- We affix the restoration permanently in place.
- It’s all done! You can eat, drink, speak, and especially smile … the very same day!
CEREC same-day crowns and restorations provides optimal quality with natural appearance and tooth color. Call today to find out if CEREC is right for your smile … and get in and out of First-in-Smiles Dentistry in record time!
Yours in excellent dental health,
Dr. Hiren Patel & Dr. Robert Mitchell, general dentists in Matthews